Tired of the same old Halloween treats? Get ready to spin a web of deliciousness with these spooky Oreo spiders that are both creepy and irresistible! Now, let’s face it, in the rush to get to the recipe, no one really reads these blogs, so here are a few quick tips and tricks to ensure your creepy crawlers turn out perfectly before you dive into making these fun, kid-friendly snacks.
Tips & Tricks
- Use double-stuffed Oreos for sturdier bodies and to allow room for the legs.
- Make the legs the same color by dipping them in chocolate first. Use dark chocolate for a richer color and better adherence to the legs.
- If you dip the legs, don’t rush the chilling process; it’s the key to keeping those eight legs firmly in place.
Halloween Oreo Spiders
- Double Stuffed Oreo Cookies
- Pretzel Sticks
- White Cookie Icing
- Candy Eyeball Icing Decorations
- Dark Melting Chocolate
- Break pretzel sticks in half for the number of spiders you're creating. 4 sticks (8 legs) each
- Press pretzel leggs into the oreo cream
- Use cookie icing as glue for candy eyeballs
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl
- Dip the pretzel legs in the dark chocolate and lay on a flat surface lined with wax paper. Refrigerate for about an hour